Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ohmigosh....these are soooo good!

This isn't my recipe, it's Shelby's....she said she was going to post it, but never has. I made them last night and just have to share!

Shelby called me one night and said, "Mom, I just made these butternut squash fries and they never made it to my plate....I hovered over the pan and ate them all!" I decided to try them myself and they were awesome. Last night I decided to make them again, only this time I would cut them into cubes instead of the fries. They were still delicious, but I think I'll stick with the fry shape....they are thinner and crisp up better....and this recipe is very simple and very quick to make...more yummy than work!
First I use a potato peeler to peel my squash.........then I cut it right where it starts to "bulb out"........I scoop out the insides (like making a jack o lantern!).........then I cut them into cubes.....put them in a pan and drizzled olive oil over them, then added salt and pepper..........then I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
I love butternut squash and acorn squash.......they taste quite similar. I think that the next time I will try these with a little cinnamon and nutmeg....yummmm!

No comments: