Monday, October 27, 2008

Coming Soon.............

I'd like to announce my Thanksgiving 2008 series.......since Shelby will be fixing her very first Thanksgiving dinner without me, I figured that doing this might save a little time on the phone on Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving Day. She is well prepared.....she just doesn't know that. She has been by my side for many, many Thanksgiving dinners.....at first she just watched and stuck her fingers in things....later she wanted to pour and stir.....then she wanted to chop (that was scary).....and then she wanted to do different dishes by herself.



I'm excited about her cooking her first one by herself...but I'm sure it won't hit me until she's not here at my stove just how hard it will be to cook my own. I will miss her, no doubt, and even though Evan has actually volunteered to wear her apron this year there will be a hole in this Thanksgiving. But I truly am excited for her to cook her first one by herself.....I can't wait for her to realize what a great cook she is. She is soooo much better than I was at her age!



I love you, Shelby.............and I miss you..........and I'm so excited for you and the life you are living.



Love,

Mom

XOXOXO



PS - The first in the Thanksgiving series will be the cooking of the turkey. I have cooked them the way my Mom did....I've brined, deep fried and smoked.....and this year I think I've made a new discovery..............................check back for Tim Turkey, 2008! (The turkey for the series is courtesy of Shelby.........her last paycheck from Harbor's Edge)

No comments: