Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How Sweet It IS!!!!

I know I haven't been here for you, but it's not too late! Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Sooooo....just in time.....my recipe for Sweet Potato Souffle! We have to have this on our table, but it's so rich that we never eat all of it! Maybe we would if I didn't also make the pumpkin pie.........hmm....should I? No, no, no.....gotta have that, too!

Sweet Potato Souffle
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (canned or fresh)
1 cup brown sugar (try less, then add more to taste)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk (or half and half or evaporated milk)
1/2 cup melted butter
Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup pecans (chopped)
Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour into a buttered 1½ to 2-quart casserole dish. Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, until hot and lightly browned.
I'm making mine tonight, so I'll add the pictures later. This is one of those sides that is very easy to make the day before and keep in the fridge until time to bake.
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

YAY! My favorite Thanksgiving dish! Seriously...I've loved it for years now...ask my mom:) I'm glad you posted the recipe so I can keep it in my repetoire forever! It will be a staple at my future Thanksgiving feasts. XOXO Happy thanksgiving!

Melin said...

Happy Thanksgiving BFF, I love you and we will be raising a glass of cheer for you and your, see ya friday morning! Again Happy Thanksgiving to you, Dennise, and Scruffy, Love ya girlfriend, Melin