Sunday, November 9, 2008

1 + 1 = 1 Awesome Dinner

I had a pork loin in the fridge and I had a nice sized butternut squash. So, I decided to make the Herb Crusted Pork Loin that I made a couple of weeks ago and make the butternut squash "Shelby Style" (cut into fry shape). I wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to just put the squash around the pork and cook them together.....OHMIGOSH!!!!! The juices from the pork, flavored with garlic and herbs, was fantabulous!!!!!!! I took a picture of it before I baked it...

....but there isn't an "after" photo! The smell of them cooking together was overwhelming....I even opened the oven door with a fork in my hand a couple of times.....as soon as it came out of the oven, it was on the plate. Wow.....it was delicious! So, the next time you make the butternut squash, try adding some crushed garlic and/or thyme, and/or rosemary....then toss and bake. It's yummmm!

No comments: