Monday, July 20, 2009

A Long Awaited Recipe!!!

So, Evan came over the other day and there on the counter was some leftover London broil from the night before that I was getting ready to reheat for lunch. When he saw it, he reminded me that this was his favorite meal of all time that I used to make for the kids when they were younger. I guess we did eventually get tired of it and I stopped making it. But when I saw a great buy on London broil, I decided to make it for Dennis. I have to tell you that it's truly, truly awesome!


Mix together in a large zip top bag:


1 cup ketchup
1 package Good Seasons Garlic and Herb dressing mix (just the dry mix)
1 tablespoon mustard
1 small bottle Italian dressing (I buy the cheapest stuff - even used oil and vinegar one time when I didn't have any dressing)
1 cup red wine (I've used white wine, sherry and vermouth - all were good, red is best)
1 tablespoon lemon-pepper (I usually put a bit more)
Handful of diced chives (I've used green onions, too)


Mix all of this well and add your London broil top half of the mixture.....it's best to marinate overnight, but at least 2-3 hours works. Grill to your perfection - mine is rare-to medium rare....slice, drizzle with the remaining marinade, and eat!

No comments: